ICANN to allow commercial gTLDs

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Sat Jun 18 01:36:20 UTC 2011

On Jun 17, 2011, at 2:37 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> That's an *amazingly* oblique and de minimis reference to the topic on
> point, couched in Eric's usually opaque language,

Eric's writing style does take a bit of getting used to, but I usually find it enlightening (albeit occasionally in an existential way) :-).

> and buried in a thread I'd long since stopped paying attention to by that point;

It was the third message in the thread.

> my apologies to you for not having seen it, since you seem to feel that's material.

No need to apologize. As I said, I've been in layer 9 too long so I figured the whole .brand thing was common knowledge.  Sounds like ICANN should have a liaison to the NANOG world (perhaps the ARIN region ASO AC members can't do that?).

Regards,
-drc