ICANN to allow commercial gTLDs

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Sat Jun 18 00:19:40 UTC 2011

Perhaps relevant: http://www.icann.org/en/committees/security/sac045.pdf

> And David Conrad's apparently the only guy who's heard about it.  :-)

When I used to go to ICANN meetings (haven't been to one in years), there were always a number of folks from the RIR community there, which at least in the ARIN region, tends to have non-trivial intersection with the NANOG community.  I would be quite surprised if I was "the only guy who's heard about it".

Regards,
-drc