whoi modify question

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Fri Jun 17 20:27:06 UTC 2011

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011, Patrick Darden wrote:

> My mistake.  Apologies.

It happens, but:

> On 06/17/2011 01:03 PM, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
>> On Jun 17, 2011, at 9:57 AM, Darden, Patrick S. wrote:
>>
>>> The short answer is you can't.  ARIN only cares about /24s or bigger.  If
>>> the network were a /24 or larger, then your customer would need to get an
>>> ASN (autonomous system number) and then you could register the network to
>>> them.

I'm afraid there's also no requirement at all for an ASN regardless of
the size of your address block.  ASNs are required for running BGP.  You
can easily static route even a /8 (and I've done it on occasion).

--
Brandon Ross                                              AIM:  BrandonNRoss
                                                                ICQ:  2269442