good geographic for servers reaching the South East Asia market

Michael DeMan nanog at deman.com
Thu Jun 16 23:43:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

I wanted to thank everybody for their feedback.  Everything seems to correlate with what I have heard - generally Hong Kong and Singapore are the major hubs, with Tokyo even being an option even though it is not 'geographically' close and also possibly there are options in Malaysia.

I think I have what I need for this.  I am just a worker-bee on this project getting preliminary information for a potential project by a client next year, which may not or may not even be a 'go' anyway.

Out of curiosity, I stumbled across this kind of cool map of submarine cables - does anybody know if it is very accurate or up to date?  If nothing else, it is kind of fun to play with since you can slide around and zoom in/out with it and stuff.

http://www.cablemap.info/

- Mike