AAAA on various websites, but they all forgot to enable them on their nameservers....

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Wed Jun 15 20:41:33 UTC 2011

In a message written on Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:32:09PM -0700, Jeroen van Aart wrote:
> Seth Mattinen wrote:
> >listen-on-v6 { any; };
>
> Yeah that's what I did. But I keep reading about how these big name
> companies messed it up in some subtle or not so subtle way and I keep
> thinking I must have missed something. Because surely those big
> companies can't find it that difficult, can they? :-)

But you see, those big companies didn't have a place in the Excel
spreadsheet for DNS changes to indicate an IPv6 address, so the DNS
team couldn't submit the right information to the Firewall team,
but it all doesn't matter because the network team hadn't actually
made IPv6 work yet as there was no business case.

No, I'm not cynical. :)