AAAA on various websites, but they all forgot to enable them on their nameservers....

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Wed Jun 15 19:14:15 UTC 2011

Octavio Alvarez wrote:
> In fact. Although a website of mine worked flawlessly in a dual-stack
> but it did NOT in an IPv6-only environment. Unfortunately, the problem
> has to be fixed in the DNS provider, which though supporting AAAA
> records was enough to "support IPv6".

Why not run your own nameserver if it is your website assuming you own
the domain?

Out of curiosity, what are the options you need to use to properly
enable bind for IPv6? To me it appears there isn't that much to it, it
almost works out of the box with 1 or 2 things turned on. Then you just
add the appropriate zone files or records. Am I missing something
blatantly obvious that will break it?

> dig -6 +trace is our friend here.

How would you apply this command to determine correct IPv6 resolving?

Thanks,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/