Routing study - take 2

Vytautas Valancius valas at gatech.edu
Tue Jun 14 21:14:50 UTC 2011

Hi NANOG,

>From June 20th to July 20th Georgia Tech will conduct an Internet
routing study using AS-PATH poisoning. We will insert AS numbers into
one of our announcements to route around some networks.

The study will *only* affect the the Georgia Tech prefix
184.164.224.0/21. The prefix serves *no active users* for the duration
of study. We will always start AS-PATH with our own AS 47065. We will
limit ourselves to 10 announcement changes per hour.

Similar studies were done before (e.g. by Randy Bush et al.:
http://www.psg.com/~olaf/measurements/as3130/visibility.pdf). If, for
any reason, you want us not to taint our prefix with you AS number,
please opt-out at any time at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WGLV6QR

Regards,
Vytautas Valancius
http://valas.gtnoise.net/