ip 6 questions

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Sun Jun 12 21:11:34 UTC 2011

On 12 jun 2011, at 20:46, Deric Kwok wrote:

> 1/ Can we use it in our current AS which is using ipv4?

Yes.

> 2/ Can arin not allow us to apply ipv4 for the future after we apply ipv6?

They're going to do that anyway once they run out, but it's not like "you have v6 so you don't need more v4".

> 3/ Any advices to do ipv6 in hosting business

Read a good book.  :-)

There's also tons of informatin out there on the web and in meetings.

For hosting you really want to think about how to set up your VLANs. Each customer in their own VLAN is ideal but not always possible, mostly depending on how IPv4 is set up.