Yup; the Internet is screwed up.

TR Shaw tshaw at oitc.com
Sun Jun 12 18:32:39 UTC 2011

When I had mine years ago I was lucky that ISDN in FL was unmetered which was no the case in other locales.  However it took forever to get it installed and working correctly. Bell South had to change out pairs and get a tech from 200 miles away to get it installed right.  Today, the central office in my town doesn't even support ISDN any more.

As for cellular data being an option I don't think so give the increasing data caps and extra fees for overage (which is probably why "the cloud" might have big issues for mobile users)

I never liked cable as around here it slows down very noticeably when the kids get off school and they don't like giving out fixed IPs unless you get a "business account."

ATTuniverse has its own issues and became only available around here last year. Its the only DSL option.

So I use WISP even at home just south of the space center.

Tom