Yup; the Internet is screwed up.

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Sun Jun 12 09:22:17 UTC 2011

100mbit is not luxury, it's something my business needs all it's
customers to have to drive more uptake of my services.

My customers already have 10/1 today.  Now I need them to have 100/40 so
they have a reason to buy other CPE that in turn drives my business.

See:  http://home.bowenvale.co.nz/wp/apps.gif

On 01/1 we can't even use half those apps.  Which means there is no
market for any of the CPE that those apps require.

That CPE is a massive global economic driver.

With out the ability to use the CPE there is no driver for further
development of that CPE.

The basic POTS telephone has stayed the same for 3 decades.  There is
just about no work for anyone designing POTS CPE, there was work 3
decades ago.

4 Decades ago parents around the globe were told that IT and computers
where the future.

We have to keep growing our data delivery systems in order to keep
pushing IT forward.

Is a job in IT a luxury?