Yup; the Internet is screwed up.

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Sat Jun 11 22:16:19 UTC 2011

Randy Bush wrote:
> some of us try to get work done from home.  and anyone who has worked
> and/or lived in a first world country thinks american 'broadband' speeds
> are a joke, even for a home network.

I understand, but I was referring to the average home internet
connection. But even for work 100Mbps seems a bit overkill for most
purposes. Whole offices work fine with a "mere" bonded T1 at 10Mbps.
Admitted it's symmetrical and is more stable. But regarding speed it's
quite a bit slower than the mentioned 100Mbps home internet.

Regards,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/