Yup; the Internet is screwed up. - Land Assistance...

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Sat Jun 11 03:00:38 UTC 2011

Yep, don't mention it

One regulation you may run afoul of is the the new zero tolerance quiet zone
enforcement

Cowbells are definitely out, mooing dubious.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/06/01/nina-in-new-york-grouchiness-prevails-in-central-park/

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:56 PM, Don Gould <don at bowenvale.co.nz> wrote:

> Yes thank you very much Mr J for the links you provided.  :)
>
> We have actually done our research, unlike the gent having a rant in the
> initial linked article, and were aware of the abundance of both low cost 2g,
> 3g and  free wifi in the area.  Again, as I explained it is one of the
> reasons for selecting settlement in the area.
>
> The savings of not having to pay for broadband access for the transceivers
> on each of our cows will more than off set the investment in the new milking
> shed (all cows are fitted with wifi/2/3g transceivers with bluetooth
> integrated headsets so we can do a broadcast to them telling them it's time
> to come in for milking).
>
> However, what does concern me is the lack of free wifi choice and the fact
> that only one provider is going to be delivering it and the terms they plan
> to offer such free access and the fact that we are generally opposed to
> using American Telephone and Telegraph because of their perceived alignment
> with some political or social groups.
>
> What we would like to see is a government mandate that all network
> providers in the area step up and form a long term working party for the
> establishment of short, mid and long term outcomes that will fully represent
> the interests of foreign rural farming investors such as my company.
>
> In keeping with the general tone of many technical internet mailing lists,
> I would also like to point out that you have not assisted in addressing the
> question, which I might remind you is around regulations for installation of
> irrigation and not the availability of free wifi from a company that very
> clearly has vested interests in locking my watering system investment out of
> the market so they can dominate the industry and impose different levels of
> water supply based on their shareholders interests.
>
> Farmer Don
>

> On 11/06/2011 2:23 p.m., Joly MacFie wrote:
>
>> That would be http://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.778547+-73.966897
>>
>> Fortunately American Telephone and Telegraph are on the case
>> http://bit.ly/jTak0Q

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com