The stupidity of trying to "fix" DHCPv6

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Fri Jun 10 13:03:01 UTC 2011

On Jun 10, 2011, at 10:10 AM, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:

>>> Thankfully this silliness is in the process of being fixed,
>>
>> So where do I point out the stupidity of trying to fix this non-brokenness?
>
> Several large operators have said, repeatedly, that they want to use
> DHCPv6 without RA. I disagree that this is stupid.

I wonder if it's just a "violation" of rule #1: stop thinking legacy!

People are used to what they have done for a decade or two.  It's hard to
see the change and results in "why is this all so different and complicated?".
It's hard to open ones mind for the new, but it is essential to do with new
technology.

So I advice people not to get trapped by their legacy habits!

/bz

         Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.