The stupidity of trying to "fix" DHCPv6

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Fri Jun 10 10:01:25 UTC 2011

On 9 jun 2011, at 19:37, Nick Hilliard wrote:

>> DHCPv6 does not provide route information because this task is handled
>> by RA in IPv6.

> Thankfully this silliness is in the process of being fixed,

So where do I point out the stupidity of trying to fix this non-brokenness?

> along with prefix delegation

Also works fine.

> - so in future, there will be no requirement for either RA or cartloads of per-interface configuration on routers.

Good luck with that. Next month, the last major operating system will add support for DHCPv6. Which was published in 2003.

So now you want to change some more stuff so in 2019 we can finally actually start USING DHCPv6?