Cogent IPv6

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Thu Jun 9 17:14:09 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:50 AM, ML <ml at kenweb.org> wrote:
> I guess someone with a >1 Gb commit in a not so small city deserves to be
> charged extra for a few Mbps of IPv6...
>
> For a not so full table at that.

We canceled some 10GbE Cogent circuits because of Cogent's refusal to
provision IPv6 without adding extra fees, and I expressed my reasoning
well in advance of canceling the first one.  I have been told that
they have now eliminated the special fee for North American customers,
but just two weeks ago I heard about this IPv6 surcharge stupidity
still being applied to Cogent's customers in Europe.

If you want to change your vendor, sometimes you have to change your vendor.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts