IPv6 day non-participants

Wes Hardaker wjhns61 at hardakers.net
Thu Jun 9 13:34:04 UTC 2011

JH> I noticed that one of our vendors wasn't actually participating when
JH> they very publicly put on their home page that they would. So I
JH> queried the IPv6 day participation list to see who didn't have AAAA's
JH> for their listed website. It turned out to be around 9.5%

IMHO, it's worse than that.  Most sites only added a AAAA record for
their website, and frequently didn't for their DNS server.  So they
weren't *really* doing a complete IPv6 test, IMHO.

I actually ended up documenting my full results of testing for a number
of things (including DNSSEC, just because I could) at:

http://pontifications.hardakers.net/computers/celebrating-world-ipv6-day-by-testing-the-candidates/

--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/