Cogent & HE

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Thu Jun 9 09:06:42 UTC 2011

On 2011-Jun-09 10:39, Saku Ytti wrote:
> On (2011-06-09 00:55 -0700), Owen DeLong wrote:
>
>> To be an IPv6 TIer 1, one has to peer with other IPv6 Tier 1s. HE has
>> aggressively tried to improve the situation through promiscuous peering
>> in every way possible. If you are interested in peering with HE and
>> you have a presence at any of the exchange points we are at, send
>> an email to peering at HE.NET and we will peer.
>
> I look forward for IPv4 to go away, as in future I can have full free
> connectivity through HE to every other shop who all have full free connectivity
> to HE. Something went terribly wrong in IPv4 land, where we're being unfairly
> forced to pay to access other networks through them.

You could, today, setup a IPv6 over IPv4 tunnel and HE will pay for the
IPv4 transit at the cost of a little smaller lower MTU ;)

Just need to find folks on the other side to terminate those tunnels who
find also that using a free service is a good idea for a commercial
setup. I guess all this free IPv6 transit has a perfect SLA of course
with quick resolution for problems and of course a proper clean prefix
feed with properly aggregated prefixes.

Greets,
 Jeroen