IPv6 day non-participants

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 23:31:52 UTC 2011

>> So if you are using a Netscaler with SLB-PT (IPv6 VIP balancing to
>> IPv4 servers), the entire LB is subject to stop working until they get
>> this fixed.
>
> And this is EXACTLY why we needed World IPv6 Day.

Agreed, right on the money !!

Traffic stats may not say a lot yet due to tunnels and lack of native
IPv6 connectivity but finding this type of bugs is a major reason to
do live tests, even if the test fails.

Next one ? a month seems to be too soon, I guess there is a lot of
useful data to crunch and analyze and fixes to do, but sure we need
more live IPv6 activity.

I think it would be cool if for the next one, some major broadband
access providers take IPv6 down to the end customer, and not just
commercial customers. I know that CPE could be an issue but we need to
reach that layer. It does not help that the test says that my machine
and browser are ready when in the middle I've a brick that won't
work..

Cheers
Jorge