Hotmail?

Vinny Abello vinny at abellohome.net
Wed Jun 8 23:13:24 UTC 2011

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 01:27:57 -0400, Steve Spence wrote:
> That  what I found with most the open source /Linux  mail  products
> that
> customizing  and extending can be difficult and a lot of time and
> effort.
> The  exchange is one of the easiest ways to roll out large scale web
> base
> email  if just  expensive in upfront  costs.
>
> Interns of Hotmail  they initially  use to use  Solaris for the MTA
> and
> storage and FreeBSD for the web services ( Apache ) they suppose of
> migrated
> windows by now using windows products Again I think this highly
> customize
> solution which may not be very useful
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotmail
>
> we went through a similar  search for a high volume  solution which
> we could
> customize and brand  right now we using we high a hybrid of
> (exchange/Icewarp/Atmail/ two layers  of spam filtering )

As far as commercial packages go, Surgemail is worth a look. Very
affordable and insanely powerful and customizable. The support team is
the development team. It's not uncommon for bugs to be fixed in hours to
day and even new features requests to be added in days to weeks. Runs on
practically any major OS you prefer...

-Vinny