IPv6 day fun is beginning!

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Wed Jun 8 20:58:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 03:48:52PM -0400, Joly MacFie wrote:
> What seems evident, looking at
> http://asert.arbornetworks.com/2011/06/monitoring-world-ipv6-day/ is that a
> lot of folks switched it on - and then switched it off again pretty damn
> quick!

I'd attribute that spike to "people actively testing around for all
those participants actually working".

It was 2am +/- in the night in central europe (which has probably the
biggest IPv6 enabled eyeball population)... what do you expect?
Those who stayed up that late (I didn't) probably poked around at a
few sites, noticed nothing's blowing up in gross colors, and went to
bed. :-)

I'm not surprised at all about the pattern. I would have expected higher
amplitudes though, but given that major sites seem to deliver only
index.html via IPv6, not much of a surprise there as well.

Best regards,
Daniel