Cogent & HE

Jay Hanke jay.hanke at mankatonetworks.com
Wed Jun 8 20:47:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Paul Stewart <paul at paulstewart.org> wrote:
> Or peer with HE and buy transit from Cogent (or someone on Cogent's friendly
> list) - this is where I think their strategy is going to go after a while
> with a lot of folks (if they have the option - that's the key).  HE will
> peer with anyone I believe - Cogent has much more stringent "tier1" rules on
> peering.

How divided is the table? I see about 98 routes transiting Cogent ASN
via a HE connection. Customer has only has HE as v6 upstream. An
significant unless it's due to aggregation or something. I'd also be
interested to see the size of the other major carriers v6 tables so I
can patch a whole until the other upstream is ready.

Jay