AAAA on various websites, but they all forgot to enable them on their nameservers....

Schiller, Heather A heather.schiller at verizonbusiness.com
Wed Jun 8 18:15:26 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Jorge Amodio [mailto:jmamodio at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 1:01 PM
To: Lucy Lynch
Cc: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Re: AAAA on various websites, but they all forgot to enable
them on their nameservers....

>>> http://www.mrp.net/IPv6Day.html
>>
>> The web access column reflects access to internal content or just the

>> home page ?
>
> Mark's notes explain what he tested and clicking on any link shows the

> result of his diagnostics:
>
> http://www.mrp.net//IPv6Day_files/diagnostics/aol.com.html
>
> guessing he didn't do depth probes. Maybe you want to set something
up?

Thanks for the follow up. I noticed that the test only looks for the
html survey file. Just curious since other folks reported that some
content providers are serving the home page via IPv6 but other content
goes via IPv4. Still surprised that Akamai's numbers feel very low,
300+ hits per sec (worldwide) for one of the major CDN is not that
much IHMO, we really need more IPv6 eye-balls connecting.

-J

...yes, there is a serious lack of v6 enabled eyeballs.  But it's also
not clear to me from Akamai's stats just how many of the sites they host
are v6 enabled. 2? 12? 500?

 --heather