IPv6 day fun is beginning!

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Jun 8 02:27:53 UTC 2011

I'm observing our netflow of the ipv6 address-family from nodes where we're capable.  It's not that interesting actually.  I've seen larger spikes than what we're seeing [so far].

Akamai has a realtime IPv6 stats page as well here:

http://www.akamai.com/ipv6

You can check out the hits/second peaks of what they're seeing.  I do wonder if it will just taper off over time, or if we will see a big spike during the day in EU.

I know for my "geeknet" here at home, I'm seeing all the ipv6 enabled properties flow through, mostly facebook and google, including the analytics site which actually is likely collecting the most interesting data of all.

- Jared