Why no IPv6-only day (Was: Protocol-41 is not the only tunneling protocol)

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 15:58:05 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Brandon Butterworth
<brandon at rd.bbc.co.uk> wrote:
[snip]
> This W6D is about turning v6 on. At some point, many years from now,
> when everyone has got bored of supporting legacy v4 for a hand full of
> legacy users there might be a v6 only day where we turn v4 off to test
> if it can be generally ceased.

Or maybe at some point a year or so from now...  display a warning to all users
accessing the site over IPv4;  reminding them of the need to upgrade
their internet connection to IPv6  in order to be able to access new 'premium'
content :-)

--
-JH