Microsoft's participation in World IPv6 day

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Sat Jun 4 08:26:38 UTC 2011

On Jun 3, 2011, at 4:13 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2011, at 3:24 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 15:20:22 PDT, Scott Weeks said:
>>
>>> There're about 52 peaks in a year on the timeline...  :-)
>>
>> Right. But why is Google seeing noticeably higher IPv6 loads on Sunday and
>> lower loads on Friday? I'd buy a "different traffic pattern for home/office",
>> but then you'd expect Friday to be about the same as M-Th, and Sat/Sun to be
>> about even.
>>

> Everyone is out interacting with Humans on Friday nights.
>
> Sunday, everyone is home trying to avoid dealing with their families.

Note that from Geoff's published experiment presented in IETF v6ops the success rate of v6 connection attempts particularly auto-tunneled is higher on the weekends than during weekdays, you can thank corporate firewall policy for that particular phenomena.

http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/80/slides/v6ops-22.pdf