Microsoft's participation in World IPv6 day

fredrik danerklint fredan-nanog at fredan.se
Fri Jun 3 12:27:06 UTC 2011

The problem is not all on Microsoft at this case.

For example; I've bought a ZyXEL P-2612HNU-F1(which has
802.11n Wireless ADSL 2+ 4-port gateway 2 SIP 2 USB 3G Backup)
in december 2010. It basiclly has everything in it.

How do I as a customer do to have a working IPv6 setup on this modem since
ZyXEL, basicilly, has decide that it will not support IPv6 at all?

I mean, you can not say it does not have the the cpu power for handling IPv6
when it can also act as a fileserver and a printserver for example.

What they (ZyXEL) are saying to me (for not haveing IPv6 at this moment) is
that they don't have the skills to implement IPv6 in their current products.

Think about all the CPE that will not be upgraded, since those that makes them
don't care at all, even tough it probably has the cpu power to handle IPv6.

And I haven't even started at the network equiment that exists between me as a
ISP and my customer (this equiment is out of my control), that can't handle
IPv6 even if my customer got an working CPE with IPv6.

How fun is that?

--
//fredan