Microsoft's participation in World IPv6 day

Tim Chown tjc at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jun 3 09:23:13 UTC 2011

On 3 Jun 2011, at 10:13, Owen DeLong wrote:

> As I said before, provide pointers to resources where users can follow up on actually
> resolving the issues. Their ISP, their IT department, web pages with additional
> information on how to diagnose the problem, etc.

I would guess a typical user will call their local helpdesk or ISP first if they have problems. They won't have a clue that Google or Facebook are down or slow due to IPv6 connectivity issues.

In which case MS providing a syskb entry for those support people to point the user at seems pretty reasonable.

One major MS site has gone dual-stack this morning btw :)

Tim