Microsoft's participation in World IPv6 day

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Thu Jun 2 23:06:40 UTC 2011

--- paul at paulgraydon.co.uk wrote:
On 06/02/2011 12:45 PM, david raistrick wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2011, Bill Woodcock wrote:
>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2533454/
>>
>> Uh...
>
> snicker. snicker. lol. rofl.  "we'll fix our ipv6 support by, well,
> not using it!"

It's not Microsoft's IPv6 support they're fixing, which works fine from
my experience with it, they're making sure you can access sites if your
ISP or Router's IPv6 handling is screwed up.

No, they're just going to force Micr0$loth machines prefer IPv4 on World IPv6 day, rather than the normal prefer IPv6:

"The following Fix it solution will resolve the issue by configuring your computer to prefer IPv4, instead of IPv6. By default, Windows prefers IPv6 over IPv4."

Kinda makes IPv6 day semi-moot doesn't it...

scott