[BULK] Re: SORBS contact

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 00:50:59 UTC 2011

later in the document,  Webmaster@ is not in the required list.  As per
> my previous email, the webservers (all of them) report another email

[snip]

I wouldn't fault SORBS for not supporting  optional addresses such as
webmaster at .
I would  fault SORBS for   automatically listing someone e-mailing
webmaster@ though,
as implied above.     Whether the actual RFC existed or not.

It's probably true that all the standard addresses are likely to be subject
to abuse.   info@  sure is.

However,   they should not be listed without at least analyzing the content
of the actual message.
To decide if it is in fact abuse,  OR  if it's just a human failure,
somebody attempting to contact
an admin address/service  that does not exist.

There mere act of attempting to contact multiple standard addresses alone,
is certainly
not proof of abuse.

--
-JH