DNS DoS ???

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Fri Jul 29 19:02:51 UTC 2011

Ping me offline, there are a few other folks who have seen this as well.  The isc.org record is commonly used in reflection attacks because the size of the record is so large, so the amplification factor is greatly increased.  Can you check to see if +edns=0 was set in the query?  That would be a sure sign this is related to what others have seen...

Sorry for the top post, I'm on my iPad.

Stefan Fouant
JNCIE-M, JNCIE-ER, JNCIE-SEC, JNCI
Technical Trainer, Juniper Networks