dynamic or static IPv6 prefixes to residential customers

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Jul 27 06:38:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 18:25:30 PDT, Scott Weeks said:

> (who's still bristling from the last discussion about this where Valdis kept
> saying "Privacy is dead.  Get used to it."

Man, leave one smiley off and it follows you for life. ;)

http://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2011-May/036270.html

Yes, Scott, I know it's a hard problem, and many of the issues are non-protocol
ones to boot.

(And I *thought* I had enough fame as a member of the tinfoil helmet brigade
that nobody would seriously think the McNeely quote actually summarized the way
I think things should be - though it may well summarize where I think things
are headed despite our best efforts...)