NANOG List change schedule

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Fri Jul 22 16:16:27 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone:

We have tested successfully the Mailman configuration on the new server and are ready to proceed with moving the various NANOG lists over to that server using the following schedule.  At approximately 12:00 PDT on Monday, July 25th we will move DNS over for mailman.nanog.org to the new server.   We will disable Mailman on the old server simultaneously, so some users may experience delivery issues to the list while DNS propagates.  We've set the TTL on the domain to 5 minutes in an effort to minimize propagation delays.

For your reference, the new IP's are:

204.93.212.138
2001:1838::cc5d:d48a

Thank you to everyone that participated in the list test over the past week.  The testing process was instrumental in getting the server configured and making sure everything will work as expected.

I will announce to the list when we're making the change and again when it's complete.  If you are experiencing issues with list delivery, please send email to me directly, as the admins at nanog.org may not be available for you.
--
Michael K. Smith - CISSP, GSEC, GISP
Chief Technical Officer - Adhost Internet LLC mksmith at adhost.com
w: +1 (206) 404-9500 f: +1 (206) 404-9050
PGP: B49A DDF5 8611 27F3  08B9 84BB E61E 38C0 (Key ID: 0x9A96777D)