high performance open source DHCP solution?

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 03:54:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Rogelio <scubacuda at gmail.com> wrote:
> The free DHCP solution, ISC, seems to be having scaling issues (i.e.
> handling only about 200 DHCPDISCOVER and 20 DHCPRENEW requests), and I
> was wondering if anyone had any open source suggestions of solutions
> that could scale much better?

Where do you get that ISC DHCPD only handles 200 DHCPDISCOVER / 20 DHCPRENEW
requests?    That doesn't sound right.   So I wonder what are you measuring?

Is this a number of answers per second your implementation of ISC
DHCPD is providing successfully?
There are architectural facts about any environment besides what
software is performing the DHCP task.

How many  I/Os  + fsync()'s  per second can this DHCP server handle
that does only 20 renews?

--
-JH