32 and directallocate

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Tue Jul 19 02:43:15 UTC 2011

On 7/18/11 7:02 PM, Deric Kwok wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have the following questions. hope you can help
>
> 1/ In ipv6 /32. ls it same as ipv4 /32

No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipv4

and then read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classless_Inter-Domain_Routing

Contrast with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipv6

> 2/ If our company is using our ISP AS and their IP for providing
> internert ds line service, can we transfer those ip from them to us
> when we change other provider?

Not unless you make specific arrangements with them, and they provide
you with a /24 or larger.  You can't announce anything smaller then a
/24 to the general public internet as pretty much everyone filters out
announcements smaller then that.

> 3/What is meaning directallcoate?

A direct allocation depends on what context...

A direct allocation from ARIN can be a direct assignment of IP space
from ARIN for an end user (for example, I have a legacy allocation from
ARIN that I use with an AS number provided by ARIN, and that I can use
with any provider that supports BGP announcements).

Not to sound...  mean or condescending, but you _are_ on a network
operations mailing list.  One might ask, why are you on NANOG if you do
not understand things which even a jr network PFY would have to know to
get a job in this field?

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org