OT: Given what you know now, if you were 21 again...

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Jul 13 21:28:38 UTC 2011

On (2011-07-13 14:08 -0700), Larry Stites wrote:

> Given what you know now, if you were 21 and just starting into networking /
> communications industry which areas of study or specialty would you
> prioritize?

Again? Buy AAPL, INTC and MSFT with loan money and study *cough*, finer things
in life.

But in all seriousness, networking like I suppose most professions are not
about knowing one thing and stopping. It's evolving rather rapidly so most
thing you know now are irrelevant in decade or two. What you should learn is
how to learn, how to attack problems and learn to love doing both.

--
  ++ytti