best practices for management nets in IPv6

James Harr james.harr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 15:22:05 UTC 2011

I couldn't agree more. If you set up private address space, it's going
to come back and make more work for you later. Set up public IPv6
addresses. If you need stateful connection filtering, put in a
stateful firewall.

If you really really need address obfuscation, you can still do NAT,
but NAT from public addresses to public a public address or pool of
public addresses. If you ever need to turn off NAT, it's a lot easier
than renumbering hundreds of machines and you always have the option
of disabling it per-host instead of doing an all-or-nothing
transition.

--
^[:wq^M