in defense of lisp

Seth Mos seth.mos at dds.nl
Wed Jul 13 14:49:31 UTC 2011

Op 13-7-2011 16:09, Randy Bush schreef:
> > btw, a litte birdie told me to take another look at

The free Open Source FreeBSD based pfSense firewall supports this. Not
everyone can get BGP, specifically calling out residential connections here.

As a 1:1 NAT mechanism it works pretty well, I can reach the outside,
and the outside can reach me. Which I think is what was intended in the
specifications. And pretty much the internet.

It took me 4 months to write the IPv6 support in pfSense to what it is
today. Which is not feature complete. But the NPT part was just a few
hours in the grand scheme.

I've also contacted the nice people from the draft that we support it.

Since then we've got v4 and v6 with BGP at work so it's moot. But I digress.

Kind regards,

Seth Mos
pfSense developer.