best practices for management nets in IPv6

Tom Ammon tom.ammon at utah.edu
Tue Jul 12 21:31:45 UTC 2011

Hi All,

We're pushing to get IPv6 deployed and working everywhere in our operation, and I had some questions about best practices for a few things.

On your management nets (network device management nets) , what's the best approach for addressing them? Do you use ULA? Or do you use  global addresses and just depend on router ACLs to protect things? How close are we to having a central registry for unique local addresses, and will that really happen?

Tom

Tom Ammon
Network Engineer
M: (801)674-9273