Connectivity status for Egypt

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Mon Jan 31 22:41:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Marshall Eubanks <tme at americafree.tv>wrote:

> As an update, BGP for Noor.net has been withdrawn. Even the Egyptian stock
> exchange - egyptse.com - now appears to be off the Internet.

Yep, Noor is now down.

Those on the ground with Noor DSL in Cairo contacted their front line
support, and they're saying "technical problems" that will take a few hours
to fix.

Does anyone has a list of routes that are still up, and seem to correlate
with Egyptian locations? Andree's last list is here:
http://bgpmon.net/egypt-routes-jan29-2011.txt

I'm staring at looking glass output to check these remaining routes, and
that seems unfair on both those offering those free services, and my own
sanity...

d.