Ipv6 for the content provider

George B. georgeb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 12:36:28 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:04 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> The IPv6 geo databases actually tend to be about on par with the IPv4
> ones from what I have seen so far (which is admittedly limited as I don't
> really use geolocation services). However, I still think it is important
> for
> people considering deploying something as you described to be aware
> of the additional things that may break and factor that into their
> decision about how and what to deploy.
>
> Owen

That isn't going to be the case going forward, I don't believe because our
allocation from ARIN will likely be used globally and others are likely to
come to the same conclusion.  While I had initially considered obtaining
regional allocations for operations in that region, the overhead of dealing
with multiple registries, differing policies, multiple fees, etc. didn't
seem worth the trouble.  The ARIN allocation will likely be used in EU and
APAC regions in addition to NA.