Connectivity status for Egypt

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 21:22:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Christopher Morrow
<morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Alastair Johnson <aj at sneep.net> wrote:
>
>> For instance, our corporate WAN links into Cairo are still up (UUNET PIP).
>
> <cough> that's the MCI PIP</cough>...

probably the .EG parts of that PIP are provided on a partner network
still ... I don't think they have build of their own gear into the
country, and there's a high likelihood that if state-security sees
'forbidden' traffic on those links they'll request traffic shutdown on
that network as well.

If you operate a network in the affected country I'm sure you'll have
to comply with LEA demands...

-chris