What's the current state of major access networks in North America ipv6 delivery status?

Antonio Querubin tony at lava.net
Fri Jan 28 17:26:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, Jack Bates wrote:

> IPv4, standard termination routers (7206VXR), DHCP, no router CPE required,
> no request limitations. We'll have equivalent in IPv6 with DHCPv6, except we
> route prefixes for routers, but that won't effect the mac tables.
>
> Router 1: 1233
> Router 2: 1012
> Router 3: 2198
>
> and so on (just random routers). I don't see these numbers as being an issue.

It simply isn't an issue for us here either.  It's not like we're
immediately trading an ARP table for a ND table that's hundreds of times
larger than the ARP table.  Customers just don't change things that
quickly.  And I would think aggregation equipment vendors who have been
eating their own dog food understand that too.

Antonio Querubin
e-mail/xmpp:  tony at lava.net