Found: Who is responsible for no more IP addresses

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 01:19:12 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio at gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/01/26/internet-run-ip-addresses-happens-anyones-guess/
> "It's the end of the web as we know it. " We are doomed !!
> Glad to know that, since a large percentage of it suxs.
> Can we go back to the ftp.funet.fi  (still up !! ) and gopher ?

We can always weather out the IPv4  exhaustion by going back to UUCP
for e-mail delivery, file transfer;  better be sure to grab the source
code in advance just in case.

If the worst happens... get a few /24 microallocations for UUCP relays
 as critical infrastructure on whatever's left of the net,  so we can
perform modem dialin from wherever, and uploads our proposals to
Usenet, for restoring sanity to the tarred remains of the
internets....  <EG>

--
-JH