Another v6 question

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Jan 28 01:08:55 UTC 2011

On 1/27/2011 7:03 PM, Jimmy Hess wrote:
> Security and logical division are a few ideas.
> You might not care to do that now...  but in 20 years,  when you have
> 100000  smart chip / IP-based home automation enabled devices on your
> LAN.

My helpdesk decided to counter with "We'll run out because of the
nanobots we'll be injected with to cure cancer and other diseases." They
just don't understand the fact that a single /64 network is plenty to
handle all the nanobots in the human body (supposing we're still going
to be human). Of course, the nanobots really do need their own isolated
subnet. They do a lot of multicast, I'm guessing.

Jack