Found: Who is responsible for no more IP addresses

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Thu Jan 27 21:53:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:26:58PM -0800, Mark Keymer wrote:
> What I don't understand is I can only guess they must have a IT team.
> And Maybe even 1 or more people that view this list. Why don't they just
> talk to there own staff about the issues? Maybe one of the IT guess saw
> the issues talked about the articles and contacted the news team about
> the bad info. I donno. I agree they kind of did a poor job on this.
>
> If you work at FOX maybe you should help get the news guys on the right
> page. :)

My experience working with newspaper and TV reporters leads me to believe
that they can't recognize when they're on the wrong page, and will
sacrifice accuracy to catchy titles and text "simplified" to the point
of being ludicrously wrong -- at least when it comes to topics such as
computers, networking, and spam. I certainly don't expect any better of
Fox.

Remember that study on people so incompetent that they can't recognize
their own incompetence? That's it, in spades.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tired old sysadmin