Future of the IPv6 CPE survey on RIPE Labs - Your Input Needed

Brielle bruns at 2mbit.com
Thu Jan 27 21:50:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, January 27, 2011 2:31 pm, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> On 1/27/11 10:01 AM, Jim Gettys wrote:
>> For god's sake, stay away from the DIR-825(Rev A), which has been
effectively abandoned by DLINK support and has no IPv6 support at all.
> pretty sure you can't find those on the shelf...
> The current model I bought on a lark for someone for christmas 2009 and
have subsequently purchased several more, and not just becasue of the
ipv6 support.

The DIR-615 Rev C1 and higher are fairly decent, and both OpenWRT and
DD-WRT capable.  The TrendNet TEW623BRP and friends of that era are
basically rebranded DIR-615 C1s.

Both are fairly inexpensive and quite capable once you get rid of the
stock software.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org  /  http://www.ahbl.org