What's the current state of major access networks in North America ipv6 delivery status?

Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 14:08:48 UTC 2011

I agree with you, but, will it happen? The same fixed boundary
behaviour that makes the /64 so convenient for LAN addressing ends up
making the same /64 very convenient for ISPs as well. They associate
the /64 with the "single public IP" they issue to customers nowadays.

Again, I would *love* to be wrong on this one. Seriously. This is an
argument I sincerely hope to lose, but after being in the ISP business
for more than 10 years, I wouldn't expect my local ISPs at least to
issue anything shorter than a /64 to customers.

And... the argument for this will have a commercial background as
well. They will perceive customers who want multiple subnets as
customers who can pay more. They will make customers who want multiple
subnets go through hops to get a shorter prefix. Justifications and
such. Very few people will do it.

warm regards

Carlos