Ipv6 for the content provider

Antonio Querubin tony at lava.net
Thu Jan 27 07:53:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, Owen DeLong wrote:

> It's actually pretty well known and it is documented in several places in plain
> sight.

Where?

A search for IPV6_V6ONLY in the FreeBSD Handbook yields nothing.  You'd
think the brokenness would at least be mentioned in the handbook.

A similar search of the FreeBSD FAQ yields a bunch of hits but none that
really mention the RFC brokenness.

The only place where I've seen this behaviour mentioned in the past is in
bug reports.  And the responses to those were that the non-compliant
behaviour was preferred but would/should be more clearly documented.
Years later, the documentation is still lacking.

Antonio Querubin
e-mail/xmpp:  tony at lava.net