Ipv6 for the content provider

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jan 27 00:45:41 UTC 2011

On Jan 26, 2011, at 2:59 PM, Antonio Querubin wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, Owen DeLong wrote:
>
>> It would be nice if BSD would correct their IPV6_V6ONLY behavior instead
>> of putting up an alleged security red herring. I'm not sure why Micr0$0ft suffers
>> from this braindeath.
>
> Or at the very least document this in plain site in the IPv6 section of the docs.  Their non-RFC-compliant behaviour is a hidden land mine.
>
> Antonio Querubin
> e-mail/xmpp:  tony at lava.net

It's actually pretty well known and it is documented in several places in plain
sight.

They're quite proud of their brokenness and they extol the virtues of the
allegedly improved security profile it provides.

I think Rolland Dobbins has coined a good term for it... "Security Theater".
(Though this strikes me as being more like "Security Circus")

Owen