Ipv6 for the content provider

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Jan 26 22:09:07 UTC 2011

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:56:05 PST, Charles N Wyble said:

> > The only issue I've faced is RHEL/CentOS doesn't have stateful connection
> > tracking for IPv6 - so ip6tables is practically worthless.
>

> Hmmmm. Interesting. I wonder if this is specific to the RedHat kernel?
> Or a problem with v6 support on Linux in general?

(Linux kernels are trying to stick to a release-every-3-months schedule).

RHEL/CentOS 5 is using a 2.6.18 kernel.  The needed support for stateful IPv6
landed in 2.6.21 or so (so almost a year after RHEL 5 did its feature freeze).
RHEL 6 is apparently a 2.6.32 kernel so it should be there. Cutting edge kernel
is currently 2.6.38-rc2.